background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

mmmm...macaroons!

My husband has mentioned an intervention. My kids wonder where I've gone when I disappear, then reappear smelling of coconut. I was on Weight Watchers - but they've forgotten my name by now. Yes, I'm obsessed with these macaroons. I know that admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. So there you have it. I admit I have a problem. I'm actually typing this with one hand - there's a macaroon in the other hand. Now I must go...the kitchen timer is buzzing...
{want the recipe? see below...}



So easy and yummy - these are a variation of a recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy (who, if I were the kind of girl to have a celebrity crush, would be my guy).
All quantities are approximate and you may adjust as you see fit!
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 bag flaked (or shredded) coconut (Sam's recipe calls for unsweetened, but I've only been able to find sweetened in my grocery store, which suits me just fine)
handful of chocolate chips
about 10 pecan halves, broken up
Cook for about 10 minutes at about 350 degrees.
Sam recommends that you wait until they cool to eat them, but I say DIG IN!!!!!! ...just try not to burn your tongue.
Bon Apetit!

No comments: