background

Monday, February 1, 2010

built to last...

DD has a bookshelf in her room. My Grandfather (for whom Paige is named - he was Junius Page) built this bookshelf with his own hands. It has been painted a few times. And the last time I "crackle" painted it a periwinkle color. Seemed like a good idea at the time....

{ like the gardening implements in the background? that "outdoor" carpeting is going soon...stay tuned! }


For a long time it was in DS's room - the blue was OK in his room. But Paige's room is green and pink - the periwinkle just didn't go and the style was kind of dated. But I wanted to refurbish the bookshelf - I didn't just want it to wind up out in the garage piled with junk.


So here's what I did:



I cut the ends of the top shelf off, sanded and painted, and added moulding around the top of the top shelf and along the front of the bottom.

The best part...Paige even helped!


And here's how it looks today:





{ oops...missed a spot }


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super duper cute! Nice work.