background

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ottoman redo...

So, I didn't take any "between" photos, but here's the story, along with some before's and after's.

She was a $12 yard sale find - which I thought was a ridonckulous price to pay for anything at a yard sale. But I had been looking for a good ottoman, and this one had nice bones {I'm getting kinda tired of the "bones" expression...are you?} Floral chintz with ruffles. Very 80's, but nice. Good frame and casters with wheels:



Now...I made a slipcover for my little ottoman. And this is where I'm missing the "between" pic. It was a plain box-shaped slipcover that looked a lot like this:




It was my first attempt at sewing with piping, and I thought it was pretty cute. BUT! I didn't pre-wash the fabric. And since it was a white slipcover in a house with two messy kids, I had to wash it and it shrank. Like, shrank so much that I ALMOST couldn't get it back onto the ottoman. And it was just an inch or two too short. I couldn't stand it, so I cut the bottom of the slipcover off, bought some coordinating beige canvas fabric and slapped a ruffle on that ottoman! And I like it better than the "between!" Here it is now...








What do you think?

TTFN!



____________________

Linking to these parties:



Get Your Craft On Tuesday


Anything Related


Transformation Thursday
<
giveaways
<
Show and Tell Green
<
Furniture Feature Fridays
<





Tip Junkie handmade projects




 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


Savvy Southern Style

8 comments:

Agatha said...

I love it, maybe some day I'll give it a try:)

Dana said...

Love the transformation. I know who much work something like that is! Way to go! Dana @ D'Lea Designs

Dana said...

Ha, ha, I do know how to spell "how!" My fingers just typed it too fast!

C'est Magnifique said...

I love it! It's one of those happy accidents!!

Tania

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I think it looks great...hop over and share it with all of us at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY next week...hope to see ya there.

Blessings,
Linda

Sincerely said...

This looks awesome! I really need to learn how to sew...

Best,
Ashleigh

SmileMonsters said...

Super cute!

Jo @ SmileMonsters

Malory said...

This is really cute! I found you on the creative girls blog hop. Come by and visit some time!

http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/