background

Thursday, February 10, 2011

tv console inspiration...

So, we were in the process of picking out a flat screen tv. I, not being the big tv watcher in the house, was fine with a smaller, less expensive model. While the mister wanted something bigger [read: pricier]. We had saved up a little money and I said this - "either we get the pricier tv, or we take an extravagant vacation for our upcoming 10th anniversary. I don't care either way...you decide." Guess which he picked?

Our old TV had been housed in a nice armoire with lots of storage and doors that could close it off from the world if necessary. Now, we have this giant thing hanging on the wall, and I can't figure out what to do with the rest of the decor. What I DO know is that we need some storage under that tv. I found lots of inspiration on the web and here's what I came up with...

{inspiration #1}

{inspiration #2 - pottery barn}

{inspiration #3}

{inspiration #4}



...and the winner is {from Sausha at Show and Tell}...



...and here's what I'm starting with:
[actual Craigslist listing photo - nice green paint, huh?]

No comments: