background

Sunday, November 6, 2011

in a clutch...

I'm getting ready for a little craft fair that we're having at my office in December and thought I'd show you some little clutches that I slaved over for hours just whipped up.




These are my first "zip" clutches.  The tutorial is at Skip to My Lou.  Her tute is awesome:  very clear and easy to follow, with pics for every step.  And believe me, once you've made one, you'll be addicted. 




One of the things I love is that you can really make them any size you like (taking into account the size of the zipper you're using) with fabric scraps you may have left over from other projects.  And I've got LOTS of those!  Also...there's a fabric-by-the-pound store close to my office that sells zippers in all sizes and colors for about 25 cents each.  So really, you can't afford NOT to make one of these cuties!  :)

What do you think?  Should I be listing some of these on etsy?

Next up...fabric flower pins and hair accessories.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I think they are cute andcan be used in so many ways.

Shiloh said...

Yup, Etsy for sure. They'd make great coin purses or makeup bags or...the list goes on.:)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So cute! I think your co-workers will be very excited to receive these :) Fun stopping by!
Lorraine

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Very cute! I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog but could not, you have the "no-reply" set. If you want to fix that here's how
http://btweenblueandyellow.blogspot.com/2010/11/thank-you-give-away.html

Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer said...

Those look great! SO cute, and professional too :)