background

Thursday, October 27, 2011

ten projects in twenty days :: another wreath?!?!


Day Eighteen Whatever :: Project Nine

Yes, it is another paper wreath.  This time with vintage sheet music, and this time with a Christmas theme.  We're having a craft fair at my office, and I thought I should put some of the time and energy I'm spending on my various projects into preparing for the fair.  So here's what I came up with. 


I found an old booklet of Christmas sheet music at my local used book store. I was specifically looking for something that already looked aged (so I wouldn't have to go through the tea-staining ordeal again). 

I cut out a donut-shaped piece of cardboard.  Fastened on a ribbon.  Best advice ever?  Miss Mustard Seed suggested stapling the ribbon on first, before gluing on the paper cones, and boy was she right!  Check out her tute here.



Can you tell I used my Halloween mantel to take pics of this wreath?  Pretend it's a lovely swath of greenery, and not holey old cheesecloth!  :)


I was going for a really rustic look and wanted the wreath to look "random,"  so I purposely tried to make the cones different sizes.  I might have added another layer of "cones" but ran out of sheets.


What do you think?

What crafty fun have you been up to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come play with me...

 
I link up to the parties shown on the right side of this here blog - under Linky Love. Check them out...they're the greatest! :}

5 comments:

Andrea said...

GORGEOUS, what a nice use for those old music sheets!
Will try this for sure! thanks!

Ruth said...

It looks fabulous!!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely! I have one on my to do list for this christmas, and am having a surprisingly hard time tracking down decent looking sheet music!
Nice job:)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

A wreath has been on my to do list also-yours looks great!
gail

Jaime Lyn at Crafty Scrappy Happy said...

Ohhhh I love any kind of vintage paper products---and this is a perfect way to display them! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy
ps thank you SO much for linking up! I love your projects!